Cardiff Estates & Lettings
- Has a SAFE kite mark which means Client Money Protection
- Has membership with two professional bodies which means we are signed up to approved standards as members of Safe Agent and the Property Ombudsman
- Has Rent Smart Wales Accreditation which means we comply with the regulations under the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 and are fully competent in renting & managing private rented accommodation
- Provide their tenants with a written tenancy agreement so that you know what you are responsible for, such as who pays utility bills, how long the tenancy is for and arrangements for paying the rent
- Carry out an Inventory at the start of the tenancy in your presence for you to agree to. This will make things easier over the return of the deposit at the end of the tenancy
- Protect your deposit in a government authorized Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme. This is a legal requirement if you have an assured short hold tenancy agreement
- Provide their tenants with a gas safety certificate if there are gas appliances in the property. It is a legal requirement for landlords to have an annual gas safety check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer and to provide the certificate to you within 28 days of each annual check
- Provide their tenants with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which shows you the energy performance of the property which will have an impact on the gas and electricity bills
- Encourage their landlords to carry out electrical safety checks. There is no legal requirement to have an electrical safety certificate but the landlord does have a duty to keep electrical installations in proper working order and to ensure that any electrical equipment supplied with the property is safe
- Encourage their landlords to install and maintain a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector (this is not a legal requirement but is regarded as best practice)
Would you consider renting a property from an agent or landlord who doesn't do the above?
If you are, think again.